National Honor Society Induction Ceremony

Back to Article
Back to Article

Michelle Cirulli, Contributor

On October 28, the National Honor Society inducted its newest members. This is an annual event for Newfield High School. The guest speaker, Kayla Scott, a former Newfield graduate and NHS member, talked about her life after high school and how NHS helped shape her ideals and beliefs and how she still tries to hold true to the values representative of NHS.

National Honor Society consists of students who have a GPA of an 89 or higher every year (accumulative average), no major disciplinary actions, and take part in community service. If the students meet this criterion, they can apply to be accepted to NHS. The application consists of a resume and two letters of recommendation. After that, Mr. Pawlewicz (Co-Adviser) and Mr Pfarrer (Co-Adviser), decide on who gets inducted or not. A week after the induction ceremony, the newest members receive their acceptance letter.

The already existing NHS members: Devonn McKenna, Jordann McKenna (Treasurer), Alora Henry, Katie Heath, Shelby Hodge (Vice President), Eric Allen, Mariah Schloupt (Secretary), Antoinette Myers, and Tyler VanOstrand, had the pleasure of inducting the newest members.

The newest senior inductees were Dante Rynone, Mariyah Byrd, Mathew Johnson, Zachary Keagle, Patrick King (Co-President), and Chris Pierce who now have the pleasure of spending their last year in Newfield High School as part of the NHS.

For the junior inductees there were Ian Grochocinski, Nolan Roucco, Francis Reilly, Camryn Olmstead, Jake Brown, Dylan Riley, Savanna Scott, Megan Heroux, Taylor Edger, Rachel Frank and Caitlin Howell. They get to spend the last two joyous years of their high school career enjoying the privileges that come with being in NHS.

The newest inductees recited the NHS pledge and then were each given a candle that was lit by a current NHS member. This signaled their induction into NHS. The induction ceremony as always was a very proud day for Newfield students, faculty, families, and community members.