Graduation is Coming!

Destani Ketter, Contributor

There are only a handful more days left in this school year, and with those few days it’s hard to believe how time has flown by so quickly as it did. Being a senior this year I have to say that this is both an exciting and nerve racking time. Exciting because let’s all admit it has been a long and grueling 180 days together. With being a senior during this time it’s like being at a crossroad. There are so many different paths laid out in front of you and there is a choice that you have to make but you don’t know which one to take; and depending on who you are the not knowing can be quite nerve racking.

During this time of the year, being a senior is very stressful, because we are now faced with the idea of deciding on what to do after graduating from high school. Some seniors are going off to college, while others are going straight into the work forces, and some are not sure on what they wish to do after school. And if that’s not stressful enough there’s the added pressure of balancing a social life, keeping grades up, and for some working part time which can be quite horrendous, but even though it seems like a never ending cycle it will soon come to an end because in less than 20 more days we will finally get our diplomas and we’ll be freed from having to wake up before 6 a.m.    

As our time here closes let’s look to the future and see the possibilities that awaits us in this uncharted territory of adulthood. Every decision that we make from here on out will shape our future, so make every one count, and who knows the next thing we’ll know it will be our 20 year reunion.