NHSPress

“IT” is it

Atavia Denmark, Contributor

Stephen Kings film “IT” has always been a tough one to crack. Overall the film wasn’t as bad as everyone said it was. Yes, some people might say the movie wasn’t scary at all, and some say that the movie was definitely scary. Everyone has their own opinions though. I thought the movie was scary and funny at the same time. Parts of the film were jump scares, which got me the most. Some other parts were unexpected, expected, and gory.

“In a small town of Derry, Maine, seven young kids are about to face their worst nightmare. Deep down in the sewer called ‘The Barrens’ lived an evil that would come out every 27 years to feed on the town children. This ‘IT’ generally takes the form of Pennywise, an old-school circus clown with menacing eyes who lived in the town’s sewers and whose presence is sometimes announced by an ominous, free-floating red balloon” (time.com).

“IT” was a fun and scary film. It caught my attention all throughout the whole 2 hours and 15 minutes. Every second of the movie I was covering my eyes, and not moving my hand away. After watching the movie, I am more scared of clowns today than I ever was. If someone gave me the choice of picking the 1990 “IT” or the 2017 “IT,” I would have to choose the newest version (2017). The old version just had more of a cartoon thing going on, but the new version was more real, and extreme. Although some may choose the 1990 one, the new “IT” had may attention through more than half the movie.

About the Writer
Atavia Denmark, Contributor
I play volleyball and softball. I don’t like talking in front of the class and I like the color olive green (((((((((((((: