The Wonderful Dew

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Wonderful Dew

Samuel Seip, Contributor

Mountain Dew has been around since the 1940s and was invented by PepsiCo. Mountain Dew is most commonly bought in the afternoon on Saturdays. In 2017, Mountain Dew ranked the fourth most popular soft drink in the United States of America according to NBC. 

When I was younger my mother always used to leave me at my grandfathers. He would usually be drinking a small glass of Mountain Dew in the afternoon. He always used to let me have a very small glass and that’s where my taste for Mountain Dew had come from.  

Growing older I started to have a can of Mountain Dew with my grandfather when I was down at his house. We would sit outside and relax while we drank our Mountain Dew. While we drank it, we would feel relaxed and watch birds on a cool summer morning. This only made me like Mountain Dew more. 

Mountain Dew has always been my soft drink of choice while growing up and still is today. My day can sometimes be setup around Mountain Dew. I will have a time picked out that I feel is best to drink. This time usually revolves around when I’m most tired and the classes that I have a hard time focusing in.  

It’s not just me either, Newfield Senior High School’s own math teacher Mr. Williamson also likes Mountain Dew. As Williamson said, “Mountain Dew is the drink for you!” In Williamson’s opinion and my own, Mountain Dew is the perfect drink.